Careers at Stepping Stone
Stepping Stone is a community-based agency that believes in the Housing First philosophies and practices. We strive to improve the quality of life for people who are struggling with chronic homelessness, significant mental health issues and substance misuse. We offer this by providing supportive, affordable housing to our participants with individualized, participant-driven support plans. The Stepping Stone team collaborates with community services within Guelph-Wellington to help support these plans and to offer our participants wrap-around supports as needed.
The Program Supervisor will possess and utilize their passion for community-based program operations, development and evaluation. They will provide leadership for the program and team by providing support and oversight to the shelter team to ensure they achieve program outcomes as well as coordinate the daily operations of the program. This position works closely with the management team to ensure strategic leadership and support for the population we serve.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Current First Aid / CPR certification, Naloxone training and Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- A valid Driver’s License, vehicle and insurance
- Two (2) year post-secondary education in a related field of study (i.e. social services, social work, addictions, mental health, community development etc.) or relevant work experience
- At least two (2) years related experience in supervisory work, ideally within a social services or healthcare environment
- Strong organizational and computer skills, ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and deadlines are required
- Experience with coaching and mentoring for personal growth and development, including the ability to coach others through conflict
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service Operations
- Establish work schedules and procedures to coordinate activities to ensure effective service deliver
- Propose and participate in development of organizational policy, evaluation, outcome and quality improvement initiatives
- Identify training needs of staff/team and provide adequate resources and supports
- Monitor all Incident and Serious Occurrence reports to ensure appropriate safety and quality measures are implemented to ensure risk mitigation
- Develops positive working relationships with Stepping Stone staff, management and external community partners
- Ensures timely and effective communication within the team and assists in effectively managing change and conflict.
- Quality & Accountability
- Uses time and tools effectively to manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Make sure that system documents, forms and materials are updated, current and accessible to partners.
- Provide oversight and coordination of data reports in collaboration with the Service Manager
- Identify and lead quality improvement initiatives in collaboration with the Service Manager
- Supervision of Staff
- Provide ongoing support, feedback and supervision to staff and maintain a record of supervision notes, performance management documents and audits
- Consult with Service Manager around performance management matters and disciplinary processes
- Conducts performance appraisals
- Monitors employees attendance, approves vacation and other leave requests and approves service records
- Responsible for leading the recruitment process of new staff
Working Environment / Schedule:
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends when required
- 35 hour regular work week (70 hours / pay period)
- This is an on-site position
- On-call rotation to support 24/7 operation of the program
- Must have the ability to respond on-site in emergencies during on call
- Encountering participants at program sites who may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and/or experiencing symptoms of mental illness can be expected
- Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter using the portal below by Monday, December 5
- Applications will be reviewed and successful candidates will be contacted directly for an interview